Saturday, January 9

Eat Snow!


Ah Fruit of my Loins...WHAT are you doing??? I may never understand this boy. He has spent literally HOURS outside already today. He bundled up in longjohns, 3 sweatshirts, jeans, 3 pairs of socks, 2 pair of gloves, snowpants, a coat and a hat and trundled out the door. Gone for almost 3 hours. He has trekked from one side of the yard to the other countless times. In addition to attempting to shovel the driveway with a tonka bulldozer, build a snow fort and pulling out the wagon. At the wagon, Mags decided she'd go out and join him. She was sold on the wagon idea, obriously. He's her sled dog.

Then for some reason, unbeknownst to me, they decided to fill the wagon with snow. First with her in it. Then she got out to help.

Which only lasted a few moments before she too dove headfirst into the snow.

I strongly suspect they were eating it, without looking like they were eating it. I tell them all the time not to eat the snow. And they knew I was watching, snapping pictures. So they'd bury their faces in the snow and come up with snow around their mouths like a milk moustache and I'm sure had I yelled out "Quit eating that dirty snow" they would have said "We aren't eating it!"
They were quite the cute picture though. Believe it or not it's is snowing now too. We have lots and lots of the stuff! It's beautiful! And I suspect it is keeping things a touch warmer here than they are in the Carolinas! We'll call it insulation.
Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment