Monday, February 8

Colder Than a Witch’s Teat

That is how cold it is outside this morning. Being my brilliant self, I decided I had to go out and get some pictures of it. In my pj’s and crocs.

IMG_9204Yes, I am wearing no socks. Hey, I’m an Ohio girl. We Ohio girls have really thick blood. And hides. And hineys.

I was actually quite disappointed with the pictures. They do not adequately capture the beauty of this bitterly cold morn. And when I say bitterly cold, I ain’t jokin’. –2 degrees. That was the temperature when I headed out. In my pjs and crocs.

IMG_9182Pi, our “barn” cat didn’t have the sense to head to said barn. When we emerged, he was covered in frost. Inbreeding.

IMG_9183There was a thick hoar frost on all the trees. I’m going to have to do some research…cause I just didn’t get it. I think maybe there wasn’t enough light yet.

IMG_9192So, sadly, I cannot truly share with you how gorgeous really cold can be.

IMG_9193And gorgeous it was. Gorgeous enough to entice me out in my pjs and crocs. With no socks.

IMG_9199You can see the frost on the trees in the background on this pic. Still, disappointing though.

IMG_9205Oh well. I will keep working on it. I may have to put some clothes on first. And socks.

Love you all!        

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics and I remember how crisp and clean the air can be at that temp. I occassionally miss those mornings in February.

    Try moving perpendicular to the sun light hitting the ice on the tree branches, and move until the light refracts through the ice. It is too difficult to get the right exposure with the direct sunlight on the meter. The sun is what would make the picture, sadly, it is also what does it in.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete