Monday, February 22

Somebody REALLY Loves Me!

I got super spoiled for Valentines Day this year. One of the advantages of having a husband who works in another state and misses you desperately I guess. And there SHOULD be advantages, darnit. Lord knows there are plenty of DISadvantages. But, I won’t get into all that now! Cause this post is a thank you of sorts. And a brag session of sorts.

My honey, he knows the way to my heart. Fortunately, for him and the kids the way to my heart is through my kitchen. The way to their hearts is through their stomachs. See how we foil each other perfectly?

Chefs Catalog, they are starting to love me…

IMG_9220  2So is Penzey’s Spices…and that addiction is ALL your fault Anne Schley!! I bought kosher salt from Penzeys recently and it’s one of my new passions.

IMG_9222 2The only problem with my new passion is that  flake salt will NOT sprinkle out of a standard salt shaker. And I’ve wanted a good peppermill for YEARS. Ever since I threw my old one out as a matter fact. It was one of those items I registered for when we got married then never used because I just didn’t really GET IT. I registered for it because it was pretty…not because I understood that there is no comparison between store bought ground pepper and fresh ground peppercorns. I am now a complete pepper snob. I will never buy the store stuff again! Consequently, I needed, yes NEEDED, a peppermill. So my honey bought me these beauties.

IMG_9223 2

Not to mention the 14” calphalon saute pan.

There may also have been a 6-pack of Reese’s Hearts (not pictured). I can’t recall what happened to them. I couldn’t possibly have eaten all 6 of them in 2 days though.

Thanks honey! For all my Valentine Goodies…You’re the most indulgent husband I’ve ever had!

I love you all!

2 comments:

  1. I <3 my salt shaker & peppermill from Penzeys...although I got the natural finish, because you know it matches my kitchen!! Enjoy your new saute pan!! It looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hon, you're the best wife I have had so far. You are more than deserving and I love you with all of my heart.

    ReplyDelete