Friday, February 26

Frosty the Snowpile

Much to my surprise the kids had a snow day today. I didn’t even know we had snow coming. Between working this week and taking care of the kids my news-watchin time has suffered severely. For that matter, so has my laundry-doin time and my house-cleanin time. I had planned to work today as well, and can’t say I was entirely devastated to get the dreaded call from the school. Last night, I was so tired I told Sam to put himself to bed at 9:30pm and at 8:30pm I WENT TO BED!! And let me tell you, I was out. Post haste. The 2-hr delay call was just my opportunity to reset the alarm clock for later…the cancellation call, my excuse to slap that sucker off altogether! I slept around the clock. Literally, did not get up until 8:30am this morning. And MAN did I feel better. So today I’ve been buzzing around the house getting things done. Things ya let slip when you work all day and take care of kids all evening. Well, ok, so I don’t actually work all day. Well, maybe not even close to all day…5 hours, but in my defense…the only time I’m not at work the kids are here. And who can get anything productive done with them around???? Not me! Not usually.

Today, in the interest of getting some things accomplished around here, I totally bought into the bribery card. I told them if they would clean the basement and their bedrooms I’d let them each get a $5 toy at Walmart tomorrow. Ya know what? I’m thinkin right now that it was worth EVERY penny. I got the house clean, they did a great job cleaning the basement and their rooms and I have most of my laundry done. It’s been a very productive day. Which brings me to Frosty. Frosty, the flaccid, Frosty, the pathetic, Frosty, who made Maggie cry.

With the house clean and smelling like fabric softener and the chicken and dumplings I was simmering on the stove, Maggie and Liam decided to go outside and make a snowman.

IMG_0872

One problem…or 3 problems.

1.it’s SUPER cold out there today.And Liam is no help at all. There he goes eating the snow again.

IMG_0867

2. The snow is NOT packing. Not unless you get it wet…hmmm? Is that what Liam was doing?

3. The snow is blowing and drifting all over the place.

These things combined, would not allow Maggie to get a snowman together. Not even with Liam licking the snow to make it pack. No, I don’t really know that he was attempting to make it pack, but I’d like to convince myself that he had some perfectly reasonable, rational, GOOD reason, for whatever it was he was doing.

IMG_0865

Undaunted, Maggie worked on. Her result? Frosty, the snowpile.

IMG_0870

That’s my girl, she’s no quitter!!

I love you all!!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful day! And tell Maggie she did a great job of making do with available resources!

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hon, please tell Maggie that her snowman looks awesome. Better than I would have done. I am proud of her. I think you are doing a wonderful job with the house and kids. I love you Hon and I am blessed to have you as my wife.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE IT!! That's a fantastic snow schlump! -T

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! I had no idea you were working again!! Looks like everyone had a great snow day!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay...that snowpile is the sweetest thing <3 !!

    ReplyDelete