Monday, June 15

Playing Catch...Up

Sorry it's been awhile since I blogged! Last week Jon picked Mason up on Thursday and he will be here with us for at least a week, if not two. Friday, we decided it was time for the kids to earn a little keep around the house...so we put them to work!
Jon got Mason started mowing the back lawn...
I put Sam on push mowing the small sections around the clothesline and in front of the play area...
Maggie got to try her hand at using the Kitchen Aid Mixer! She made a delicious lemon bundt cake...


While Liam played...

Yeah, that didn't work out fair exactly...but last night he made a chocolate cake to make up for his laziness Friday! It was delicious too, well kinda. He shorted the mix a quarter cup water and you could tell ~ lol.
Jon and I had a big long talk about having the kids do more around the house. I struggle with that...as I'm sure I've probably mentioned before. I KNOW they need to learn...but having them do these things on a regular basis feels lazy on my part. It's my job to take care of the house, I don't really like the idea of off loading MY JOB on the kids. Jon and I did finally agree that whether they DO things around the house or not, it is our responsiblity to teach them HOW to. So, we are working on that this week! I'll let you know how it goes! Love you all!




2 comments:

  1. If you look at it like job, then pay them like a job. You are the manager and you are delegating tasks to them. PAY them for it. ESPECIALLY at Sams age, hes getting to the age where he needs and wants a little pocket money. Make them earn it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EXCEPT ` I don't get paid for it!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete