Wednesday, June 24

Sorry!!

This post will be short and sweet, or something like that. We've been ridiculously busy this week with VBS and baseball...but here's whats new(s):
  • VBS is going great ~ I teach the 2nd and 3rd graders (which means both Mags and Liam are in my class, ugh) I LOVE teaching this age group though...they know how to act in school and they haven't quite developed the "attitude" yet. Jon is heading up recreation, today he organized a water balloon toss and fight. The kids really enjoy the water games when it's hot out like it has been this week! While having my own kids in my class has it's own set of challenges, it also has it's own set of advantages! I get to know all of their friends...sometimes better than I'd like!! ;)
  • Sam's baseball team knocked off the only undefeated team left in Morrow County Little League Tuesday to take first place!! Tomorrow they play their "big" game against Marengo Blue...it's beginning to look like they just might finish the season in first! Which is a HUGE accomplishment for a team that ended their season AND tournaments in the basement last year!! We are SO EXCITED! It's been an awesome season so far!
  • Liam had a game tonight and he hit his first homerun of the season! He also was asked to possibly sub for a peewee team next week! The boy is a natural!
  • Maggie got the call to go up to the "bigs" Tuesday ~ she played for Katie and got a hit. They won their game and I'm thinking she's starting to get a bit big for her britches...Jon told her tonight that she needs to get a good nights sleep tonight because she has a game tomorrow and she responded "It's just a T-ball game.", with total disdain.
  • Mason is still here ~ he will be going back to his Mom's house Friday. He has been helping Jon with VBS all week. It's been great having him, the kids have really enjoyed it.
  • We still have two more days of VBS, and two games this week...I'm hopeful to get some pics up here but I haven't taken any yet :(

I love you all and miss you!!!!

2 comments:

  1. ...Don't forget to mention that not only did she get a hit...but she brought in the 7th run for the inning! AWESOME : )) AND she is a heck of a right fielder. Im tellin ya she has yet to fail me when we need 1st base backed up!! AND she had 2 balls hit to her and she scooped them up, tossed it in and kept the girl from getting more than a single......NATURAL : ))
    " Don't be fooled by her pretty face...she plays to win!!!"
    Thanks again for letting her play with us! She is doing a GREAT job! And the older girls LoVe her!!! By the end of my season she will be first round draft pick for next season : ))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of all my talented grandchildren. But you guys have not changed my mind about girls playing baseball........... lu!

    ReplyDelete