Friday, June 5

Teachers Let the Monkeys Out...

Well That's It!! School is OUT! Liam and Maggie had their last day yesterday. Sam's last day was Wednesday...I don't know what time he finally got up yesterday but he enjoyed not having to get up at 6am!
Poor Kitty!! Maggie just loves him to DEATH!!

So, Liam had a game last night ~ his team won 14-9. He had 4 base hits, one of them was awesome!! Our coach is a conservative base runner...otherwise I do believe he might have been able to squeeze a homerun out of it...it was an easy triple!
Tuesday night Sam's team played a 10 inning game (their games are supposed to be 6 innings). In the bottom of the 10th they WON!! It was very exciting, and gratifying for the boys! They wanted to beat Marengo Red almost as bad as they want to beat Marengo Blue! I worked the concession stand so I only saw the last inning, but I'm told Sam had a crappy night.
Yesterday, I started working out again. I had fallen off the wagon last month ~ and had a LOT of trouble climbing back on. It's kind of hard sticking to "my" schedule with Jon here...and now the kids too! I've decided it's time to make me a priority again though...and "my" schedule comes first! I will be heading down to work out shortly! While Jon takes the boys to Chesterville to have batting practice with them and Austin.
I think one day next week we're going to head to Mohican...I'll be sure to get pics of that! I don't think there's much else going on...
Oh! Aside from...
Sam - All A's and B's except for language Arts which was an 83.
Liam - All B's except for Science which was an S-
Maggie - All C's and E's (Consistently Meets and Exceeds)
Maggie and Liam are currently reading at the same AR level, they both read equivalent to the 3rd month of the 3rd grade. Everybody was promoted...which is awesome because for those of you who remember last year...Liam was "placed" in the second grade, which meant it was "iffy". He has improved SO MUCH this year. He and Maggie have their Summer Counts books to do this summer. Maggie already has hers half done :P .
Love you all!!



1 comment:

  1. Cute pix, but of course with suck beautiful subjects who could go wrong? I know the kids are glad to be out of school, and yes, you need to make time for yourself.

    ReplyDelete