Monday, June 15

Sammy's Soup

As part of our new "Teach the Kids" initiative I had a bright idea!
Before we went to the grocery/Costco Saturday, I asked each of them to pick a meal they would lik to have this week. What I did not tell them at the time was that they have to help prepare their pick! Sam chose Cheese Soup! So, yesterday after church he got to chop potatoes, carrots, celery, onion and ham. Then later, he prepared the cheese sauce all by himself! I explained to him that he needs to know how to make cheese soup because it's his favorite and when he's out on his own he can make it. He explained to me that there is really no need for him to learn how to make it ~ he expects me to teach his WIFE how to make it!
Yes, he's a turd! lol (lol) He did an awesome job though, it was delicious and I was proud of him. He won't admit it...but I think he was proud of himself too.
We have games everyday this week and 2 on Thursday. I think today, Jon and I are taking Mag's and Liam fishing ~ ugh! I'll be sure to get pics! Love you all!


3 comments:

  1. Love this idea!! I just might have to steal it....that okay?!?!! Can't wait to hear all about Liam & Maggie's ventures in the kitchen!! We've got games all week, except Wednesday. Is Mags available either Tuesday and/or Thursday? We're going to be short a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea and one they will appreciate more as time goes by! Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am wondering what Liam and Maggie selected to fix! Tell Sam he looks wonderful at the stove cooking my favorite soup. Tell Mags that she can make cake next weekend too!

    Love and see you soon, Mom

    ReplyDelete