Sunday, September 6

Have Mercy

Today, I made alfredo from scratch. Father, forgive me for I have sinned. This recipe brought out the worst in me. The dreaded glutton. And it wasn't just me...it brought out the glutton in Jon and Sam too. Maggie and Liam, of course, will be going to bed hungry. The brats refused to eat it. Can you believe that? I mean look at it! It was truly every bit as good as it looks. This plate was Maggie's. Everyone else's had shrimp sauteed in garlic and olive oil in it too. This sauce is 1050 calories and 76.6 grams of fat per serving. So you know it's gotta be good! I've spent the last 30 minutes trying to figure out where on the internet I found the recipe I used and I'm having no luck. I am almost positive I got it off RecipeZaar. But, they have over 700 alfredo recipes and I'm not going through them all to attach a link.
If you'd like the recipe I'll be happy to get it to you...just let me know.
As I'm sure you already know, our Buckeyes won yesterday. By the skin of their teeth. Now, the nerve condition begins. The USC game looms and I'm probably going to have digestive problems this week fretting about it. I don't know why I can't just accept that they most likely are not going to win. My hope still lives and breathes though ~ so I will spend this week building myself up for disappointment.
Maggie and Liam are not up to much lately. Sam on the other hand has more money than me! He has been "working" for Uncle Dan the past 2 Saturdays. Dan has him doing all sorts of menial grunt work that is good for him. Stacking wood and stuff. Did you know that Dan is 62 yrs old? How did that happen?? Anyway, he's decided his back can't take it anymore so he's having Sam do it and he pays well. Sam is looking forward to having his own money at the beach. And I'm enjoying the fact that when I get him back on Saturday nights I know he's tired!
That's all I have for now...I love you all!

2 comments:

  1. The Alfredo looks yummy! Where did my children get the ability to cook great Italian food? There isn't a speck of Italian in any of you! NOticed you have a couple of new books on your shelf, tell me you did not read Gone with The Wind yet again........Love you all,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, i like your faith, but after Saturday, my faith is all but gone about the OSU - USC game. Unless two different teams show up on both sides, its gonna be ugly.

    ReplyDelete