Tuesday, September 8

Labor of Love

Just thought I'd share the bright side of Maggie with you today. She left the above note for me when she went out to the school bus today. It brought a tear to my eye, once (aka wuns) I figured out what it said. Ain't she a sweetie. This letter right here. I want you all to remember this letter when you start to wonder why I don't just beat her. I don't beat her because every great once in awhile she's not a totally self-absorbed prima donna. Yes, she left the flower with it. Who cares if it was already my flower. It truly is the thought that counts, especially when you're 7 years old.
The kids finally returned to school today. Thank you Lord! I am hostessing Mom's prayer group tomorrow, so the minute I shoved the brats out the door(after I shed a single tear over Maggie's letter)  I started scrubbing. Everything. I cleaned that kitchen from top to bottom, well ok, from middle to bottom. I didn't dust the roosters on top of the cupboards. Pray with me the ladies won't look up there (wink). When I got to the bottom, I had a rude little surprise waiting for me. The last time I cleaned tomatoes and put them in my "waiting basket" I must have squished one of the blasted things. I picked up the basket to sweep under it and there was juice (gasp). Have you figured out where I'm headed with this yet? Set stage : clean, super clean kitchen. Like ready for female company clean. Not clean for males ~ who don't really notice. But, clean for females...females who notice every little individual speck of dirt. So what do I do?
Yup, you guessed it. I can tomatoes. I couldn't risk any more going bad. I didn't want to lose not one more precious tomato. I made a huge mess in my clean, superclean kitchen.
But, you'll have that. I have them canned, on trivets on the counter now. Cooling. I've cleaned, recleaned rather, the huge mess I made and alls well that ends well.
And back to the Maggie subject. She is going to be one seriously happy little girl when she gets home. Because the Wells Fargo Wagon just came and there's somthin' special just for her!! I'll post pics later tonight or tomorrow. Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment