Saturday, October 24

Basketball Season Approacheth

Today I signed Liam up for basketball. I am decidedly unenthusiastic about this turn of events. I'm not a big basketball fan. For many reasons. The biggest reason would be that I simply do not have the necessary attention span. As a spectator at baseball, or even football, I can zone out safely. If I turn away from the game for 5 minutes, or even 15,  to socialize or catch up with someone I probably won't miss much. Not so, basketball. With basketball you could miss something important if you yawn. I'm simply not capable of watching that intently. The odds that I will miss him doing something significant (something he'll ask me if I saw after the game) increases dramatically. I will have to WATCH the whole game. Ugh. Add to that the fact that the odds of having to get him to said game in seriously crappy weather are like 1 in 2...you follow me right? It's going to be a LLLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGG winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment