Sunday, October 18

The Perfect Day


The Garrett family had a great day Saturday. Perfect even, aside of course from the weather. Which decided in it's own fickle way to co-operate at the very last minute.
There was one fly in the syrup, but let's avoid all unpleasant talk of Ohio State. *sigh*
Kay and Rod were staying with one of their RV Clubs at a campground in Mt Vernon. Just 20 minutes from the house. We were thrilled to see them (for the first time in 5 months!!). We ate and drank and made merry despite the fact that Ohio State was blowing it. It was a wonderful visit and we were so very happy they came to stay so close to home!
Then, we had been invited the the Fields' Farm for a hayride/bonfire/haunted forest walk. They served pork patties and loin from one of their very own pigs. Which brings us full circle to the fact that I can't deal with that real well. Lucky for me, I ate before I ran into the latest victim:

"Psst, hey lady, can you bust me outta here maybe?"

"No, don't keep walking! Psst, lady, c'mere! HELP!! They're making bacon outta me TOMORROW!! HHHEEEEELLLLLPPPP! "
It was all I could do to leave him in the back of that truck. It was later confirmed that Wilbur was on his way to market the next day. Poor guy. If stress affects the taste of the meat, he's not going to taste too good. He had himself in a tissy!

As I said, the weather cleared up at the last minute and the kids were able to pile on for a hayride. What is it about hayrides that excites the kids so??

That excitement was mild though, compared the their next task. Candy in a haystack ~ man did they have a time with that!

There was hay flying everywhere!!
They all found lots and lots of candy and oreos and bubbles and all kinds of goodies! The haystack thing was a stroke of genius! The kids LOVED it!!

We got home around 8pm and were completely exhausted! I can't remember the last time I was that tired. I slept like the dead last night. Except for the time I woke up because I really should have taken a shower before I went to bed. I reeked of smoke from the bonfire and had a nightmare that a house was on fire. It wasn't my house, or even a house I know, but it was disturbing enough to rattle me!
Today, we've been horribly lazy. We didn't go to church, because after I fell back asleep I didn't wake up again until church had already started! I've done laundry, started apple butter in the crock pot (which smells absolutely heavenly) and made dinner. But, I'm still in my PJ'S! And I don't see myself getting dressed today.
Tomorrow morning is Jon's interview...Hopefully, it will go well ~!
 I love you all!!

3 comments:

  1. Tell Jon our thoughts and prayers are will be with him tomorrow.

    And yes, the goodies in the haystack was a stroke of genius! I would have loved seeing the kids rummaging through that!

    Love and Miss You,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will be praying for Jon all day.....love and miss you too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great Ohio day for you all. Glad the kids had some fun, and the pig story is really funny. So how did the interview go?

    ReplyDelete