Friday, October 16

Happy 10th Anniversary to Us!!

Today, Jon and I have been married 10 years. An entire decade. I can hardly believe it's been that long! Time flies. Fast. Aside from our wedded bliss, things here are pretty blah. The weather has TOTALLY stunk. Grey skies every day for a week. It's making it really hard for me not to start putting up Christmas decorations. I figured out last year that the reason I like the Christmas decorations is all the lights. They cheer me up in the grey days of December, and November and most recently I think they'd help in the grey days of October. The urge has hit early this year. It isn't usually so gloomy here in October. October is normally my favorite month in Ohio. The worst part is that we're at peak right now and we have tons of color in the leaves. If the sun would just come out for awhile it would probably be the best show we've had in years. The bleakness of the sky steals the glory from the leaves though. It's depressing, really.
So, I just looked back at last years blog and I put up the first Christmas tree last year on November 8th. I don't really think I should go any earlier than that. So, my goal is set. I have to try to wait for a few more weeks. If the sun doesn't come out soon, I can't make any promises.
Jon has an interview on Monday. I have to confess it's not much of a relief though. It's for a contract position and it's only until April. It's the only callback he's gotten though, we're not in a position to turn out noses up. It would allow us to sock some extra money away in savings if he gets it, because we'd have a dual income for a couple months...and it's obviously better than nothing for now. Still, it doesn't do much to relieve our stress. Just kind of draws it out. Keep praying for us!
Sam is all done with football. They finished in the middle, but they did beat every team they played from Morrow Co, so they're "county champs".
Tomorrow we have big plans to spend the day at various campfires...pictures will be taken.
Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Hope you had a good day, and I will say prayers for Jon all weekend! NO you cannot put up any christmas trees yet.
    Love you,

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! =) I'm with you on this crappy weather, and you know how much I love the cold!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. my prayers are with yall.....and happy anniversary!!!!!

    ReplyDelete