Monday, October 19

NO PIGS ALLOWED

Boy, oh boy. I only thought I was paranoid before. It's at a fever pitch now baby. We have confirmed cases at the kids schools. Confirmed cases on their buses. Confirmed cases among near and dear friends. I. Am. Freaking. Out. Here!!!!!! I feel like a sitting duck. Waiting. Waiting. For a bout of vomiting, a fever, a sore throat. I am literally sitting in the couch thinking, " Ohhhh...was that pain in my head. I think I have a headache. A twinge? Maybe? No, that was Liam's paper airplane." When the kids got home from school, I took everyones temperature. Even Jon and I. I'm checking every few hours. It's like waiting for Santa. Bad Santa. I know it's coming for us. So, I wait, and I wonder how bad will it be?
It's not too widespread at the elementary school. Yet. Sam said more than half the kids were out at the middle school today and one of the girls in his grade, on his bus, spent the weekend in the hospital. I think I need some face masks. Do you think the kids would wear them to school? What do you think about homeschooling? I've always thought no way...only it suddenly sounds so appealing and oh I don't know...HEALTHY.
Jon's interview went well. He had a 2nd interview on the phone at 5pm which also went well. He should know something soon. I am not too excited about this one either way. Even if he gets it, we'll just be going thru the same thing again in April. I'm still praying for a permanent job. And of course, NO swine flu.

1 comment:

  1. OK, Cheryl Ann, enough. If it happens it happens, you will cope, Just like Tracy did. You have healthy children, you know how to take care of them. Love you,

    ReplyDelete