Monday, October 5

Pet Wars

Boy, I did not know what I was starting when I said "yes" a week ago. I could not resist getting Liam a hermit crab. I have a hermit crab weakness. The big claw, the beady little extended eyes. What can I say? I love hermit crabs. I also love hamsters. Do you think she wanted to even the score with a hamster? Nope, a hamster would have been fun. Cute. Cuddly even. She wanted a fish. God help us, she actually asked for a goldfish. Ugh. Goldfish are gross with their bugged out eyes and their stringy feces. I could not condone it. So, we ended up surprising her today with a fighting beta. It's a least pretty. Blue and red and shades of purple. In true original pet name fashion...she named it rainbow. At least she's moved past naming everything after food. So, everyone is happy. Sam and his dog, Liam and his hermie, Maggie and her fish. Only in a childs mind does that work out even steven. But, hey, if they're happy, I'm happy. I don't really mean that of course. The way I look at it I have 2 more "houses" to clean every week now.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have better luck with your Beta than we did with Sarah's - it only lasted 5 months. Dowt! -T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Heavens! I was only planning on it living maybe 5 weeks. I hope it doesn't live 5 months!!! lol

    ReplyDelete