Monday, October 12

We Have A Winner

Mom got it! Meet Me In St. Louis! I see it on the side of the page and I have lines from the movie flitting around in my head with the "Under the Banyan Tree" song as background music.
Now, I want to share with you Liam's pencil...today I pulled this out of his bookbag:

At first, I laughed. Then I made the mistake of saying to him "You don't actually use this. Do you?"
He does!! When he said so, I was flooded with shame and the ridiculous urge to call his teachers and say, "Hello, Miss Reely and co., I would just like you to know that I do buy my kids pencils. We have a large art box at home that is positively packed with pencils. Regular ones, colored ones and erasers! I buy them erasers too! I really don't know where he got this frugal streak. Well, I think I do, but let's not get into all that. I'm just sayin', he apparrently is using this pencil because he wants to."
I confiscated it and sharpened a nice new one for him with a nice blue eraser.
Kids...

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love that boy! He is trying to save money for you.

    ReplyDelete