Saturday, October 31

Halloweentown, Ohio


It's time for trick or treat! We took the kids to Centerburg this year. It's close to home and we received good reports. So we decided to check it out. Sam dressed up as a sullen pre-teen who wanted candy and to not be recognized. I tell you, hands down this was my favorite trick or treat trip EVER!! The take wasn't great. The kids did a LOT of walking for a little candy. At least compared to what they're used to. Don't get me wrong. They got more candy than I'll let them eat. It's just that usually they get TONS more than I'll let them eat. It was worth it though, because Centerburg, Ohio takes Halloween serious!! And I do mean serious!

It was like Salem, Mass ~ and I would know, I've been to Salem when it was decked out for All Hallows Eve ;)

These people know how to have fun. The kids did not have to knock on a single door. Everyone was waiting outside. Dressed up even.

Quick, somebody save the ladybug before she loses her head!

At this house the ghost in the top left corner was on a zip line. When the kids walked past it the thing buzzed over them. Which would be why they were keeping their eyes on it.

Ohio October at it's finest, right here in this lone tree.


Then, there was THE house..the house that had so many ghouls roaming around I wasn't even sure which ones would move. And they stuck the candy bowl all the way at the back of the yard. Where the "goal" sign is:

People were jumping out at them right and left. They must be getting older because even Mags handled it like a pro.

Or maybe just like a little girl who watches Ghost Whisperer every Friday night without fail.

Sam walked blind. I think all he saw was the candy...Liam had a little boy dressed up as a werewolf shadow him the whole way through. I was amazed at all the work these people put into their display. It was like old fashioned store display windows. Do you remember the magic of the Lazarus window displays...it was like looking at that!

Only it looked back at you. And may scream at inopportune moments.
Hmmnn. Inopportune? Not sure that's spelled right? O well ~

Okay, enough of that house...moving on.

Raggedy Ann was not diggin' on the freakishly tall demon guy.

Centerburg is such the place to be for Halloween that even the president and first lady showed up.

Naw, really he was their campaigning for Huge. I mean Hugh.

No lie, Liam giggled all the way past this house and then turned to me and said "Did you see that sign Mom? It said HUGE!" I almost died laughing.
Happy Halloween everyone! I love you all!!

4 comments:

  1. so i got little red riding hood, a witch, aaaaaaaaand thats it. I really have no idea what the boys are supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. Glad they had a good time, sounds like you also had a good time. Love,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I about wrecked my truck when I saw those campaign signs in Centerburg....not from taking a 2 look ,but from laughing so hard!! Even my MIL got a chuckle when she saw it!! =) We took the kids to Marengo on Friday, and then they went to Chesterville last night with friends. They did better in Chesterville than Marengo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought there was a town called Halloweentown in ohio or indiana, that celebrated halloween all year round! Is there really a place like that? If so, let me know at chewyisdabomb@aol.com, thank you!

    ReplyDelete