Tuesday, January 13

The BUS...

Wow...what a morning! On this fine Tuesday morning I feel that the Highland Local School District is being negligent. Sam's bus was stuck in our ditch for 1 hour and 25 minutes. Why so long you ask? Well, they were 3rd in line to get "rescued" when they got stuck. Things I have learned this morning:
1. My son will not get embarrassed if I go out to the bus and pull him off.
2. All other children/adolescents/teens will beg me to spring them as well.
3. Teenage boys will ask if they can use your restroom if you go out to the bus.
4. Teenage boys get an undeserved bad rap these days. Everyone of those boys said please and thank you AND removed their shoes the minute they were in the door without a word from me.
5. With 3 busses stuck in ditches the middle school will begin as planned and the elementary school will only call a 2 hour delay.
6. When it becomes obvious that the busses cannot make it back to start elementary routes they will cancel elementary...but leave the middle and high schoolers in for the day.

SO...my mailbox is HISTORY!!


My kids are all home. No way after all that I was sending my sweet babies off on busses this morning! We're hunkered down for the duration. I'll post again later...love to you all!
Update: Done with my workout
300~Crunches
12Minutes~Elliptical
30Minutes~Treadmill

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I guess your not getting mail today!!! HaHa!! My poor Austin :( Hope you have a great day!! No doubt I will be on the phone with you soon!! Oh and I do LOVE Edward Cullen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, I feel your pain!! I could not believe they even tried to start on time today. Before they called the 2 hour delay for K-5, I had called Brian and told him there was no way I was driving them to school. He just said whatever...5 minutes later, we got the 2 hour delay. Well....you know since we've used up all our days, we'll get 2 hour delayed the rest of the winter. UGH!!

    ReplyDelete