Thursday, January 22

Yea Sam!!


The middle school sent home report cards today. For the first time in years Sam is not in trouble or grounded on report card day!!!! That's for a variety of reasons - you could call it compromise I suppose. He brought most of his grades up or kept them in a reasonable place. I relaxed my standards a bit. I still think he's capable of straight A's...but I will now happily accept B's, and C's will earn him NO PRAISE, but no punishment either. So, we are all feeling pretty good about his report this time around and I am relieved that I do not have to take away his iPod :)!!
Done with my work out for today : 400 Crunches and 30 Minutes on the Treadmill. I decided to save my last 15 minutes of the week (elliptical) for tomorrow or Saturday...the idea of not doing it for 3 days in a row make makes me a little apprehensive. I'm afraid I'll give up on it after a lull that long, so I'm going to break it up more in the future.
The kids are out of school AGAIN tomorrow ~ ridiculous I know. They are all happy that they get another 3 day weekend...and I am happy that Jon took the day off to stay home with them and I get to go to work!!! That one day restores my sanity a little. I know that I do useful things everyday for my family...for some reason it just doesn't always feel like a valuable contribution. Maybe because my purpose in life is to show Jesus to people and it's easy to fail in front of people you're around all the time. A bit easier to show Him in little spurts to people who come and go quickly. Pathetic I know, but hey, I'm still a child in my Christian walk. Jesus has his work cut out for Him in me!!

4 comments:

  1. If only we COULD be like children in our Christian Walk....to have the faith of a child would be, amazing... As adults we just can't get over that whole relying on faith thing, at least I know I struggle with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, Good job. I know it isn't always the first thing on your want to do list, but it is the necessary thing that allows you to do what you really want to do. Love you,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to Go Sam!! So proud of you!! Keep up the great work!! I know you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam, I am very proud of you. Please keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete