Saturday, January 17

Suburbian Paradise?

Ahh...today my adventure was COSTCO!! Years ago we had a Sam's Club membership, and we enjoyed it. Last year they built a Costco in what we consider a much more convenient location so I asked Mom for a membership for Christmas. I love buying in bulk, when it's practical...oh, who am I fooling? I love buying in bulk even when it's NOT practical!! Some stuff was a real good deal, like the 4 lbs of butter for $6...you can't beat that even at Aldi's!! Actually, everything we bought was a good deal, just some better than others. Anyway, we won't need to buy ketchup or macaroni & cheese for a very long time (lol)!! Then we went to Wal-mart and did the rest of our shopping. We go to the grocery twice a month (aside from the occasional milk run) so bulk is a good idea for us. We don't live in close proximity to any reasonably priced groceries! We have the Marengo Market...it's...quaint. Small town quaint...where you know all the cashiers because they go to church with you or their little brothers play baseball with your kids and milk costs $15/gallon. Ok, slight exagerration, but while we do enjoy the occasional trip to the market we could NEVER afford to shop there regularly!! I kind of look at the market as a perfect example of "local color".
Liam has a friend over for the night. He was very excited about it. He and Quaid added all the toppings to their own pizza. For some reason the kids really love doing that! Of course, I always have to add cheese after the leave the table. I think they wouldn't end up enjoying their pizza as much if I baked it with the 1cup of cheese they put on there?!? I could be wrong though.
We are experiencing a heatwave today...24degrees! The sun was out again too. We've seen the sun quite a bit lately...unusual for Ohio in January.
While Liam and Quaid played against Jon on the foosball table I did my workout this evening:
400~Crunches
32Minutes~Treadmill - I went over 2 minutes because I was listening to an awesome Third Day song)
...and that was it for today. According to guru, Dr Oz, I should walk 30 minutes everyday and do 1 hour of cardio per week. My hour of cardio was complete yesterday (yipee).
I hope you're all staying warm...especially all of you down in NC...do you guys even own coats???
I love you all!

2 comments:

  1. I love buying in bulk as well. We've had a Sam's membership for years...although I've been wanting to check out Costco since they opened. Might have to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap, I'm in Harris Teeter three times a week! I should check out Aldi, tho, we have one. I'm still all agog at how domestimacated you are. :)

    ReplyDelete