Thursday, January 15

Crapola, It's Bitter Out There!


Hello All. I'm hearing a faint echo of moans coming from the general direction of North Carolina. You POOR BABIES...it's cold down there isn't it? What is it agin? Thirty something? PISH POSH!! We have gotten LOADS of snow this week; which I am LOVING btw. Today the SUN was out. So despite the absolute folly of opening the blinds when it's so frigid out...I opened the blinds. Then I sat on the couch for 15 minutes and closed my eyes and turned my face into it. It was a wonderful 15 minutes. Honestly, I'm enjoying the weather right now. I really don't mind snow in January...for that matter I don't mind it in February either. You will see a drastic change in my attitude come March though!! The sun is supposed to be out tomorrow too, so bring on the negative temperatures. With a little sun I can weather anything :)!
I did get my work out done.
300~Crunches (Kate r we bumping that up Sat or Sun?)
12Minutes~Bike (yes, I'm a weenie when I don't feel good)
30Minutes~Treadmill
I finally entered the zone today and cleaned the kids bedrooms . My house is very clean...bumper to bumper (or bathroom to bedroom). I'm such a dork that when I have it all clean like this, I wander from room to room with a goofy smile on my face just enjoying it. You see, I KNOW it will only last til the kids get home from school.
I took a nap this afternoon after I got everything clean. I still am not feeling 100%...better, but not great yet. I'm glad I haven't skipped any workouts though!
Tonight ~ we are supposed to have temperatures in the negatives...yea..not windchills. Temperatures. So, I expect that the kids will be on a delay. Although that isn't a given this year. The powers that be sure appear to not want to have to make any days up. Since they already missed all those days for Ike now we just have to suck it up and send them. Don't get me wrong, I WANT my kids to go to school. I could never get anything done if they were here...but I've had quite a few anxious moments this week waiting for them to get home (and deciding whether or not to keep them home). Well, I hope you're all doing well and personally I think we should just all be glad we don't live in Minnesota right now!!! Hahahaha!
Love you!!

5 comments:

  1. I will wait until end of Febuary to send pictures of the sun. I haven't been gone so long that I forget how cold it can be. Just glad I don't have to get up close and personal with it. I am glad you are starting to feel better. We will be experiencing lows in the teens tonight, really cold for here, so do your Mom a favor and take this weather back? LU

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's 20 til midnight now...no school tomorrow, and my weather bug is reading -11 at the moment. But like you, I am loving this, and come March, I'll feel the same way....when will it warm up already!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are going to bump it to 400 today! Oh and ya'll are flippin crazy "I love this weather" "I love snow in January" WHATEVER! I am ready to move...this crap is....C.R.A.P and some other words too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's SO friggin' COLD! Whaaaaaah!

    ReplyDelete