Sunday, August 23

Goal Oriented...A Pro or a Con?

I'm done cleaning the basement for the day. It's not anywhere near being clean, still...I have accomplished my goal.
I am happy with my results. I can now walk to the freezer without turning on the lights. Of course, I could do that before too. But, if I tried I risked life and limb. There was a veritable obstacle course compiled of scattered cat litter, clothing, out of season decorations, fish hooks, legos and many other unidentifiable objects. Objects that I certainly hope won't be missed. Because do you see the pile of "stuff" in front of the freezer. That would be the trash pile. It only contains the trash from today's session. (Yes, the tv is part of the pile ~ it does not work. Or does it? I can't remember honestly, but it's been down there for years, not being used.)The garbage men already took the massive pile from last week. I'm in a purging sort of mood.
Really, I should purge some of my christmas decorations. The stack in front of the dresser is fall stuff, but everything else in the picture is Christmas. Do you now understand why I start putting it up at the beginning of November? It's crammed in under the steps staggered, just as tightly as I could shove it in there!
I set myself up a wrapping station while I was down there too! This dresser is fully equipped with gift bags, wrapping paper, tissue paper, tape, cards...everything I could possibly need to wrap a gift. Organization is a wondrous thing. I may have to consider moving the cat box though.
There's still a LOT more to be done. I'm taking this project on in stages. I will soon be venturing into Jon's work area. Scary. He has to be there for that or there's no telling what I'll throw away!
I've recently discovered that cooking isn't really so bad. Part of my dislike stems from the fact that I was in a rut. If you have a few (many) hours to kill, check out the pioneer woman's website on the sidebar. She also started the TastyKitchen website. I'm having all kinds of fun planning and preparing new meals. I know trying new recipes can be frightening, I promise you can trust the pioneer woman with your food. My family has loved everything I've tried off of her site. So far their favorite is the twice baked potatoes. Today, I have meatloaf and au gratin scalloped potatoes in the oven. I wish you could smell it!
I love you all!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks wonderful!! I think perhaps, when I get the time (most likely AFTER Christmas), I'll take on the challenge of cleaning the basement. Mine will definitely have to be done in stages! We have soooo many Christmas decorations, as well as things for the other carious holidays/seasons. Stuff I never get out, because I simply do not have the time to dig and search for it!! Anyway....I'm proud of your success, and I'm going to check out that other site/blog too!! :o)

    ReplyDelete