Thursday, August 13

My Hangup

I've been thinking about Tracy's dream...the one where she's sailing in a mystical place. It led me to think about my dreams. My dreams tend to involve stresses, even when I'm not stressed. I'm wondering why that is? One recurring theme I have is being unprepared. There are many variations on this theme, but it always involves not having the information I need to do what needs to be done. I dream this sort of dream often enough that I would guess it holds some significance and is probably tied to my compulsive organization ;). Another recurring dream is that I am in the backseat of a moving car and there is noone in the drivers seat. This dream tends to not last very long, but I spend the entirety of the dream trying to climb into the front seat frantically. When I was a child I dreamed frequently of being at the bottom of a hill or stairs unable to get back up. In these dreams I always willingly went down the hill or stairs, the hill or stairs always seemed innocuous from the top and insurmountable from the bottom. Do any of you have recurring dreams? Is so, what are they??

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I have that one about trying to drive from the back seat too!

    My big recurring dream used to involve being on the beach at night. Never did figure it out, but now I'm on to sailing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Cheryl, let's think about some huge occurrences that you have encountered over the last 12 months. You have gradually been letting go of the reins of your oldest son. I know this has not been very easy for you. He went to my house for 2 weeks, he went to middle school, he is playing football, he has a email account and is on Facebook, and oh my gawd he will be a TEENAGER in 4 months. You are losing "control" of Sam. Your dreams are because you know he is ready but you are not. You have done such a wonderful job of instilling the right virtues, manners, thougth processes and ethics to make him a responsible young adult, BUT you see him every day and wonder if he is truly ready. You NEVER, EVER stop being a Mother to your children, and you NEVER think they are ready. Trust me, he will always be your son, and he will always value your love and inspiration. This is my opinion.

    All my heart and love,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, I think the car goes back to why you didn't drive until you were 20. You always saw it as you not wanting to be responsible for hurting other people. Think about it......again just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete