Friday, August 14

The Ladle

A gorgeous sunrise is what I got up to this morning. Not a half bad gift in and of itself. I tell you this so you will understand in a moment that I do have an appreciation for "normal" things too.
I'm so excited about one of the gifts Jon and the kids got me this year that I just have to share it! Please don't think I'm crazy, but I think...
this ladle was my favorite birthday gift!! Isn't it beautiful? It is actually from Walmart...part of their Paula Dean line. I LOVE it!!!! It has to be the perrtiest ladle I've ever seen. Anywhere. Ever. Doesn't it look like my great-great-grandfather carved it out on the family homestead a hundred years ago? It looks great in my utensil basket next to Grandma's rolling pin *wink* ! I'm ridiculously happy with it, what can I say? I'm not so hard to please after all!

I love you all!

2 comments:

  1. By the way. I do realize I never had a great-great-grandfather who lived on a homestead and carved out serving utensils. But, if i had and he had this ladle is what they would have looked like! lol

    ReplyDelete