Wednesday, August 5

I LOVE August...

...and believe it or not it has nothing to do with my birthday!
August is when I start feeling the "autumn" bug. Autumn is my FAVORITE season. Baked apple dishes. football. gorgeous leaves. crisp, cool mornings and warm sunny afternoons. You just cannot beat fall for breathtaking beauty!
Every August, I get the uncontrollable urge to crochet. I think it's a hangover from living with Grandma. She always got serious about whatever afghan she was making for Christmas around this time of year. She would put it off for six whole months...and realize in August that she had 2 blankets to make before December. So, this time of year, I pull out my basket and start crocheting. Unfortunately, the urge never lasts long enough for me to complete an afghan. I need 160 squares; I think I have about half done;I've been working on this color scheme/set of squares for 4 Augusts now. One of these days...
Anyhoo, If you find yourself wondering what I'm up to in the evenings, while Sam is at football and Liam and Mags are at VBS ~ this is it...I hog the remote control without argument and crochet!Last night, while they were all gone, I also made Apple Dumplings. Oh my GOSH, they were SO GOOD!!
As promised, Here is Mags with her new best friend Felicity.
Aren't they lovely? I think they make a stunning pair! lol
The kids are all set to go back to school, which will happen on August 17th. It's early this year, due to construction plans for next summer. This summer break is short, next summer break will be 4 MONTHS!! Anyone who wants them for a month next summer, speak up!!
We have all school clothes, shoes, supplies taken care of. So, now they are just trying to soak up every minute of freedom. Eating homemade pudding pops.
Liam is also cramming. Remember that workbook that Mag's finished in June? Yeah, Liam still doesn't have his done. He has approx. 30 pages left...if he gets it done, he gets a fun day at school with bouncy houses and everything!
Football practice must have been harder last night. Sam limped in afterwards...claiming that it wasn't that bad. haha. He took roughly 2 minutes to fall asleep when I put him to bed at 10pm. The bad news, Coach Oder was still not able to make Sam puke...the good news, someone DID puke last night. I know, I am sick. lol
I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. I would prefer Sam NOT puke....cause that would mean my nephew is out of shape....and I dont want to believe that he is. As for next Summer...you KNOW they will be here in NC a while, right?

    ReplyDelete