Sunday, August 16

More Fun at Aunt Beckys

Yesterday, folks, it was HOT! We've had the most remarkable summer. Hardly run the a/c at all. Just in time for the kids to go back to school ~ summer has struck. 91 and humid yesterday. So, because I'm no dummy and I needed to get the canner from Becky, I called and asked if the kids could swim when I came over to get it! Of course, in true Becky form, she didn't just say yes...she invited us to supper too. It was delicious too! Lots of fresh veggies from their garden. The kids played in the pool... for hours...
and hours...
...then they climbed on the rides.
We had to pry Liam off the go-cart when it was time to eat. His hair was standing on end from drying in motion. Fun was had by all. It was a wonderfully pleasant day with family. the kids really enjoyed Nick and Ty and Ava's company.
Today, preparations begin in earnest. I will clean the kids rooms today and set out clothes for the first day For everyone except Mags. She is mini me and has already set out her clothes fortomorrow. She had them set out yesterday. I never realized that "anal" was contagious. But, apparently, it is. Liam and Jon just left to get his haircut. Sam got his before football started. Liam's summer counts workbook is completed, he got it done yesterday. He had 5 pages left and I told him he couldn't go to Aunt Beckys to swim unless it was all done. I know, cruel, but leverage is everything with kids.
I promise I will wait until at least 7pm to pack their lunches. I will post pics tomorrow of their first day of school "looks".
I love you all!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great time was had by all!! Love Liam's wind blown hair!! :) I am hoping to get some tomatoes canned this week. Good luck with your canning!! :)

    ReplyDelete