Monday, August 31

In a Low-Fat Kind of Mood

Hahahahahaha...You didn't actually believe that did you. Jon wanted hamburgers on the grill today. Because that man could eat hamburgers on the grill EVERY DAY. Happily, I tell you. Me? They get real old, real fast. I conceded though...mostly due to the fact that today was grocery day. Since I started planning our meals in advance, we have found that it is best to eat things requiring buns close to our grocery visit. They just don't keep very well for very long...and I cannot stand freezing them. EEeeewwww! Anyhoo, so it was burgers on the grill today. Ho hum, how BORING!!!!
So, he patted out his fresh burgers and I started rummaging through the freezer. What do you think honey? Fries? Tater Tots? Waffle Fries? What will it be. Ok ~ Fries it is...
Hold on, hold on, hold on...these fries are ho hum too. What can I do to jazz them up? To get excited about burgers and fries again?
I know, I know! CHEESE. AND BACON.
Cheese and bacon make everything better.
Yeah! Now that's what I'm talkin' about! I put cheese and bacon on the burgers too. Ok, so I increased the caloric intake by like 10 times...but, HEY, the kids ate all of their dinner for the first time in weeks.
And I ate so many dadgum fries that I had to pack up my burger and put it in the fridge for later. My belly kinda hurts. Oh well...someone has to eat the bacon and cheddar. It may as well be us.
Love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment